Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Ordinary Day

Today was what I would call an ordinary day. Work was slow, appetite was weak, satisfaction was limited. I think life seemed to be a bit more on the ordinary side these days. Haven't really thought about it much. Today would be my first day. Is it because age is kickin in? Is it because this is what the real world really is supposed to be? I think about how every day I wake up at the same time in the morning, take the same train to work, see the same people riding on the LIRR going off to their ordinary world. Maybe the word I'm looking for is routine. I wonder...

Work was slow today. Nothing really challenging, and I've come to realize that on days like this, I can't help but feel like it was just an ordinary day. Not much to do. Just did what I always do on these days. Sit at the desk. Look at some code on the computer. Wait and hope that my boss will give me something interesting to do. Sometimes ordinary days are nice too. Today was nice.

I have a big project coming up soon that I will be working on. It's actually pretty biG. The company that I'm interning at is rebuilding their entire software system, switching everything from Windows to Linux. I'm pretty excited to be a part of that, especially when they'll be depending on me as well as my boss and another intern to get the job done. So I don't think I'll be having many ordinary days in the near future.

This was a wierd entry, but I have a date tommorrow. So I'm too excited to care.

No comments: