Sunday, July 18, 2004

The Weekend

It's Sunday now, and the weekend is still not officially over, because Amy, Jazz, and I are all planning on watching Spiderman 2 tonight after they get off Sunday work(...Sunday work suCKs...) So I'm pretty excited to go do that tonight because I've been anticipating to see this movie for quite some time. Actually it's ever since I first laid eyes on the trailer which was probably some time last year.

Anyway, Friday night was actually a really cool night in a very unique and different kind of way. At first Amy and I went downtown to Soho to meet up with Jazz and Raji for a late night dinner (...sorry jazz and raji...) at Cafe Habana. There's word on the street that its food kills, and after I had their Chicken Diablo sandwich, I understood what the hype was all about. But anyway, dinner was good, and the unique part about the night was actually the Jazz bar that I went to later that night. I've always wanted to go to a Jazz bar, experience something different for a change, and the place was beautiful. The atmosphere was really chill, relaxing, and quaint. Dimmed lights with soft live jazz playing in the background, along with sounds of people mingling, place being lit up by flickering candle lights, ... It was definitely a positive first experience of Jazz, and I'd totally do it again. It was also nice because I felt like I got a chance to get to know Raji and Jazz better throughout the night. It's amazing how much you gain from just one simple chill laid back night out.

Saturday night, last night, was dope! I had a really amazing time with everybody that came out that night. Shout out to the Sake Bombing crew, and to all the people that came through to Coda. It was real good to see Babbs out here again, and not leaving for anytime soon. Also the late night munchies that a few of us had at the end of the night was probably the best way to kick it at the end of the night, where Sam took a few of us downtown to MacDougal St. where it looks like one big block party, full of hungry people lined up, waiting to satisfy themselves. It was good hanging out and talking with the people that I didn't know as well. It's always good, and once again... It's amazing how much you can gain from just one night out

No comments: