Monday, July 26, 2004

Work Is Play

So I officially decided that working (interning) this summer has been starting to feel like nothing other than play. Call me crazy or what not, but I actually have really grown to enjoy what I do at the company five days a week, pushing close to 40-45 hours per week. I wake up in the morning around 8:40am, go to work in between 10-10:30am, and work work work... or play play play. I'm supposed to get out of work at 6pm, but these days I've been getting out at 630pm or sometimes even after 7pm. I can't help but feel a little strange for doing this while everybody else in the world seems to be pushing, shoving, and rushing to catch the train taking them home to whatever is waiting for them there. Maybe the TV, maybe the wife and kids... whatever it is, everybody is just in a rush. Me? ehhh...well I'm just hoping that I can finish implementing a part of my project that I've been working on during the week, hoping I'd finish before what used to 6, then 6:20, and now seems to be 7pm. It states in my astrology profile that Capricorns tend to do that with their work. Work is play for us driven sea goats. And it's actually a pretty wierd experience to actually witness that part of me coming to life. A part of me feels like the nerd next door programming away, and a part of me feels like the guy that is doing what I did all throughout college and will eventually get paid for it. In my opinion, it's kinda cool. Can't believe that one day I'll actually get paid to do this. Work on programming projects all day without the worrying of exams and classes to run off to. The best part of it is... I'll always be learning something new with the growing computer technology, and for some reason that comforts me. What can I say, I guess I'm just a computer nerd after all.

P.S. this was embarrassing to admit

No comments: